This features list is out of date. Need to update it based on Latest insight features.
- Is Swing based, hence platform independent.
- Uses only Open Source third party libraries.
- On Windows platforms comes with an installer.
Support for loggers
- Processing of log files based on Dynamic interpretation of log4j patterns.
- Insight has been developed primarily to analyze application logs generated by Log4j
- Ability to select fields to view in the list presentation.
- Support for all logging patterns in Log4j. The logging pattern can be specified in Insight Preferences.
- Support for multiple (upto two) patterns of data in a single log file.
Handling Log Events
- Ability to sort log events based on various fields: Time, Thread, Priority, Category, Message and Exception class name.
- Ability to filter log events on multiple fields.
- Ability to search for regular expressions in loaded log files.
- Ability to search for text in log messages.
- Ability to locate log events and their predecessors and successors from a sorted, filtered list.
- Very small footprint, uses disk based caching to load large log files. (Between 40 - 65 MB even after loading 110 000 log entries from 3 log files)
- It takes an average of 363 ms to interpret and display 1000 log entries and this time includes the disk I/O for reading the file and subsequent disk based pagination.
- Supports browsing and loading logs over an FTP or SFTP connection.
- Supports loading of logs over an HTTP connection (with or without proxy)
Insight Eclipse Plugin
- Insight Remote-Protocol to send data to Insight from multiple sources.
- Eclipse Plug-in based on the above protocol can capture the data from a console of Eclipse and log it directly to Insight.